- This event has passed.
Fall Lecture Series – How to Teach Reading and Spelling
November 9, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Monday, repeating until November 16, 2020
Join us for a 4 Part Online Lecture Series:
How to Teach Reading and Spelling – Bringing the Science of Reading into the Classroom
This course will introduce parents and educators to the key components of reading and spelling individual words thoughtfully. The English spelling system makes sense if you know a few key ideas:
- What language does this word come from historically?
- How do letters and their sounds match up?
- Position – where does the sound occur in a word?
- What is the most probable spelling of a sound?
- What is the meaning of the word, its prefixes and suffixes?
These four lively sessions will help you become a word detective!
$60 for IDA Members
$80 for non-members
More information on Trainer…www.sashaborenstein.com