♦ Running the Distance Scholarship ♦
Three $1000 Running the Distance Scholarships available
(renewable for 1 additional year)
|2021-2022 school year
|Being diagnosed with dyslexia, I have a personal mission to change the culture of how people with dyslexia are treated in classrooms across the country and around the world. I was fortunate to have amazing support from my family, friends and educators and my quest is to give back and support students with dyslexia in their post-secondary traditional or non-traditional education. Scholarships are for all students with dyslexia or other related learning differences with reading, writing and/or spelling. Educate. Advocate. Inspire. These are the words I live by and this scholarship offering is my demonstration of carrying out this mission. – Jared Blank|
- High school seniors on track to graduate/high school graduate, seeking to pursue academic or professional endeavors. This may include, but not limited to: Two-year associate degree, Four-year undergraduate degree. Master’s degree, Non-traditional/trade training
- Resident of the geographically defined boundaries of the Oregon Branch*
- Identified learning challenge or adversity within the classroom in the areas of reading, writing, and/or spelling (official diagnosis of dyslexia not required)
- Financial need for this scholarship
- Attach letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher, advisor, coach, mentor, and/or employer.
*IDA Oregon Branch serves Oregon plus southwest Washington counties of Pacific, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania and Klickitat.
How To Apply:
Step 1: Fill in the form below
Step 2: Create a file that answers 5 questions in whatever option best shows who you are (Typed response, Video response, Audio response, Artistic expression response). Submit file below or Send file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who are you? Include your background, personal aims and life goals.
- How have you faced learning challenges or adversity within the classroom?
- How do you plan to pay for your post-high school education or training? State your financial need.
- What is your career choice and why do you want to pursue it?
- What do you need to achieve your dreams and goals?
Running The Distance Scholarship Application
Questions? please email email@example.com
Running the Distance (book) by Jared Blank
Jared Blank was only five years old when he realized something was different. He was having trouble learning to read, holding a pencil, using scissors, and tying his shoes. As it turned out, Jared had dyslexia, and he still does. With the help of his family, friends, teachers, and mentors, Jared learned to see his learning obstacles as opportunities. He also pursued sports and running as a way to excel, express himself, and help others. In writing this book, Jared hopes that sharing his challenges and experiences with school, work, and the World Marathon Challenge will inspire others who struggle to run their own distance and know that they do not have to do it alone. Click here for more information on Jared Blank and Running the Distance. All profits from book sales are 100% donated to IDA. Keep paying it forward!
Please DONATE to help the next student succeed!
Interested in donating to this scholarship fund for future students, please let us know! by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org