IDA Oregon 2020 Scholarship Application
For Educators, Families and Pre-Service Teachers!
Funded through the generosity of Ms. Cherida Collins Smith and the Richard B. Siegel Foundation
The IDA Annual Conference is a source of information for anyone affected by dyslexia and other learning based challenges. There is no better time for us to band together over the most relevant and innovative content in the field of literacy, expand your existing network, and gain fresh tools you need to transform the lives of those with dyslexia.
The 2020 theme ~ Reaching New Heights: Advancing Every Classroom Through the Science of Reading
ELIGIBILITY: Educators & administrators at all levels may apply, with classroom teachers especially desirable. Also includes Families and Pre-Service Teachers currently registered as students!
NOTE: Applicants must live or work within the geographically defined boundaries of the Oregon Branch, including the southwest Washington counties of Pacific, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania and Klickitat.
TEACHERS: If you are a teacher at the following institutions, you may use your IDA Institutional Member #.
- Lake Oswego Public Schools, contact Jennifer Schiele
- Portland Public Schools, contact Gretchen Schlag
- Redmond School District, contact Holly Hennessey
- Park Academy, contact Elizabeth Dove
- University of Portland, contact John Watzke
- Vancouver Public Schools, contact Melissa Wolfe
- Battle Ground Public Schools, contact Lynette Middleton
- Others…Check with your school for more information and/or request to become an IDA Institutional Member
3 Scholarship Types
- Premium Registration Package: In addition to the great benefits of the Standard Registration Package, the premium package also includes IDA Streaming Channel privileges: a one-year subscription to the IDA Streaming Channel; unlimited access to all sessions from the 2-day virtual conference; unlimited access to 28 NEW Content Bundles — featuring 80, 1-hour sessions and up to 80 CEs (based on session attendance); and unlimited access to additional IDA content. IDA Members will receive a VIP Digital Conference Badge allowing priority in the Q&A queue, VIP networking opportunities, eligibility for prizes and participant ribbons.
- Family Experience Registration: Enjoy access to 11 great sessions in the Advocacy/Community/Family Track including the Socio-Emotional Symposium on Friday. Registration also includes special LIVE sessions specifically for youth and parents; Virtual Exhibit Hall; Virtual Poster Sessions; Live Chats; Networking Opportunities; and Engaging Activities. You also have 72- hour access to these conference session recordings on the virtual platform. CEUs are not available for anyone that selects this registration category.
- Student Registration: For full-time students (undergraduate and graduate) over the age of 12 with valid ID or school transcript. Enjoy access to the 2-day Virtual Conference that includes 56 sessions; Virtual Exhibit Hall; Virtual Poster Sessions; Live Chats; Networking Opportunities; and Engaging Activities. You also have 72- hour access to all conference session recordings on the virtual platform. CEUs are not available for anyone that selects this registration category.
ORBIDA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Friday, August 21, 2020
All applicants will be notified in time to register for the “Early Bird Special” rate which ends August 31, 2020
U.S. Mail applications will not be accepted.
QUESTIONS? E-mail email@example.com