Welcome to the ADULT Dyslexia Grid
Do you have dyslexia? Or not sure? Do you want to find out more? Do you want to connect with the community? You are not alone. It’s never too late for an adult to get tested and obtain the help and support they need to address their dyslexia. This ADULT Grid has information customized to empower dyslexic individuals of any age and those interested in learning more and being a part of the growing demand for change.
Helpful Resources for Adults with Dyslexia:
Learning Disabilities Association:
- Support and Resources for Adults with LD https://ldaamerica.org/audience/adults/
- Disability Rights Oregon – Know your Rights https://www.droregon.org
- LD OnLine – https://www.ldonline.org/ld-topics/legislation-policy/americans-disabilities-act
- Language and Literacy Fund firstname.lastname@example.org
- State of Oregon Adult Basic Skills Providers https://www.oregon.gov/highered/institutions-programs/ccwd/Pages/adult-basic-skills.aspx
Dyslexia affects 15%-20% individuals, many of whom remain undiagnosed and receive little or no intervention services. For some individuals who have never been diagnosed, dyslexia is a hidden disability which may result in underemployment, difficulty navigating academic environments, difficulty on the job, and reduced self-confidence. Even those who have been diagnosed are likely to struggle with reading or writing in some aspects of their lives. Dyslexia is a specific reading disorder and does not reflect low intelligence. There are many bright and creative individuals with dyslexia who never learn to read, write, and/or spell at a level consistent with their intellectual ability. You are not alone.